Why Join Flair Retail?
Flair is a national recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary and permanent consultants to leading brands in department and retail stores across the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
As a Flair Ambassador you will be promoting and selling premium brands in Department and Retail stores in your area. This gives you the opportunity to gain experience within an exciting retail environment which could lead to fantastic career opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Placements to suit your home or study location
- Flexibility to work the days that suit you
- Great rates of weekly pay, direct in to your bank account
- Rewards and recognition for the work you do – you could even be our ‘Employee of the Month’!
- Learning and development opportunities – become a Fragrance Foundation expert – supported financially by Flair
- On-going training opportunities
Join us now to become part of our fun, friendly and supportive Flair family.
Welcome To Flair!
Congratulations on having successfully joined Flair Retail Ltd!
You are now part of our National Retail Team… in this exciting new role as a Fragrance and Beauty Consultant, you will act as an ambassador for Flair Retail promoting and selling premium fragrance and cosmetic brands within major Department stores.
This gives you the chance to gain experience within an exciting retail environment which could lead to new career opportunities within temporary or permanent retail.
The Role Of A Flair Consultant
- Ensure the counter is tidy, dust free and ready for the day – familiarise yourself with the brand.
- Ensure there is stock to sell highlighting any issues that may affect your sales.
- Welcome and acknowledge customers, introduce the brand and their products once establishing the customer’s needs.
- Ask questions to find out what the customer is looking for and listen to your customer, tell them about the features and benefits of the products you are selling.
- Offer the customer additional products to compliment their purchase (known as ‘Link selling’ & ‘Up-selling”).
- Offer to wrap purchases if required (Christmas or gift purchase).
- Work hard to achieve daily targets (sell, sell, sell).
- Introduce the store or the brand’s loyalty scheme or any featured promotion to the customer.
How To Get Your Bookings
You should contact your Flair Account Manager at the beginning of each week to update them with your availability for that week and the week after. This will allow them time to plan your bookings.
Your Account Manager will email or text you with confirmation of your shifts informing you of the store, the brand, the shift time and any specific booking detail. Please make a note of these in your diary. At this point, if you are not able to work on a particular day you must inform the Account Manager
Once you have accepted a booking, you are expected to complete it.
ONLY ACCEPT BOOKINGS FROM FLAIR RETAIL.
If you are ever asked by a client to cover a shift, you must ask them to call the office to confirm. Do not accept the work if the booking has not been confirmed by your Account Manager at Flair as we will be unable to authorise payment.
If you are given a booking and the client changes your shift times or days, you must ask them to call the office to notify us of any changes. Please show flexibility as occasionally store rotas need to be changed to accommodate the counter.
Lateness & Sickness
Punctuality is very important. You should always aim to arrive in store at least 15 minutes before your shift time. This will allow you enough time to find the staff entrance, locate a locker and get to the shop floor. You should be on the shop floor at least 5 mins prior to the time your shift starts.
If you are running late, you must call the office (as soon as it is safe to do so) and inform us of why and how long you will be.
If you are sick and cannot attend work, you must call or text your Flair Account Manager or Area Manager at the latest by 8am on the day of the sickness – this allows us to try to find a replacement.
If your sickness is going to last longer than a day, please let us know immediately. This allows us to plan ahead and replace you. We do however encourage everyone to at least attempt to go to work
Flair Recruitment and our clients take a strong view on high levels of sickness and lateness, please note continuous lateness or regular sickness will affect future bookings
If you are booked to work over the weekend and you are late or calling in sick you must call the weekend emergency number. This will be given to you when you register with us.
If you have to leave a message please state clearly your full name, the store and location you are booked to work in, and the brand you were working on and why you are sick or late also please leave a contact number just in case.
Some stores will require you to have a store approval. They will ask you general customer service questions and about your work experience. There is nothing to be worried about, just be yourself!
There are generally 2 types of requested cover:
- Counter Cover
This is when you work on the counter of the client/brand or on a self-select area selling all products from that brand this could be either on your own or part of a team.
- Promotional Cover
This is when you are launching or promoting a new product, or possibly a new fragrance.
You may be on a promotional site by yourself, and may have to wear a uniform (ie. a promotional t-shirt). This type of work requires traffic stopping with a confident approach.
You will have a daily target and there will be a little more activity based around the product maybe a GWP or site activity.
Most stores will have different procedures. Please ensure that you ask a member of management before you start giving them out.
Some stores encourage you to give away as many as possible (new launches etc), others will only allow you to give out 1 or 2. Just remember to never take anything with you off the shop floor.
Every store has different procedures, however there are basic rules that must be adhered to…
- Always enter and exit the store through the staff entrance signing in and out as you enter and leave the store even at lunchtime.
- Do not take personal possessions on to the shop floor. Leave them all in a locker or secure place (wallet, mobile, make-up etc).
- Flair Recruitment are not liable for any theft, loss or damage to personal items so don’t take to work what you do not need for the day.
- Security may search your bag and pockets when leaving the store so do not take anything with you that does not belong to you.
The Shop Floor
Once you arrive on the shop floor you should always start by reporting to the Department Manager, a Supervisor or the Account Manager.
Once you have introduced yourself, tell them which brand you are working on for the day and your shift time. Ask at this point when they would like you to take your lunch break, if there is anything for you to focus on for the day, and if you don’t have it already, your daily sales target.
If you are given a target you should always aim to achieve and exceed it! Do not be disillusioned if the target is high but perform to the best of your ability.
You should keep yourself busy and use your initiative. Counters and testers must be kept clean and tidy regularly throughout the day. At the end of your shift please leave the counter clean tidy and ready for the next day
You should familiarise yourself with the layout of the counter and where the stock is kept. The only way to do this is to look through the drawers and find out where everything is. Look for any sales tracking sheets so you can record your sales. Make a note of any focus products and special offers also be aware if the store is on a promotion or has an event on.
If you need to leave the shop floor for any reason, you should always tell someone where you are going. If you are going to lunch or a break, you must be back on time.
You should stay with your customer until the sale is complete. You should not use a till unless you have been till trained. You will need to take your customer to the nearest open till and ask another staff member to process the sale for you. You should still wrap and pack your customers purchases.
If you are faced with a difficult customer, you should always be polite and professional. If you feel you can’t cope it is advisable that you seek assistance from a permanent member of staff who will know the stores policies.
Although Fair Retail is your employer, you should always act as an ‘Ambassador’ on behalf of the agency and the client.
You should conduct yourself accordingly:
- Do not lean on the counter
- Do not sit down
- Do not talk loudly across the counters
- Do not shout or swear
- Do not eat or drink on the shop floor
- Do not take or make personal calls
Flair Dress code
Hair should be clean and tied back if below shoulder length.
Make up should be applied at all times. Colours should be natural. You should wear:
- Foundation or tinted moisturiser
- Lipstick or Lip gloss
- Nails should be clean and well kept with neutral polish
The following uniform guidelines should be adhered to at all times:
- Black, long-sleeved shirt (short-sleeved is permitted in hot weather)
- Smart, tailored, black full-length trousers or a black knee length skirt. If you are wearing a skirt, black or natural hosiery must be worn. No leggings. No skinny jeans. No ¾ length trousers or shorts
- If wearing a jacket, it must match your trousers or skirt and be plain black (no pin stripe)
- Smart, comfortable, sensible business shoes (closed toe shoe with low heel)
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum. Watch, wedding ring, engagement ring and small stud earrings are permitted
- Good personal hygiene
- Visible tattoos & piercings need to be discreet
- NO knitwear
- NO t-shirts (unless supplied by client)
- NO flip flops or trainers or open-toe shoes
- Hair must be clean ad well groomed. Long hair must be tied back
- You should be clean-shaven (beards and moustaches should be neatly trimmed)
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum (wedding band and watch are permitted)
- Black long-sleeved shirt (short sleeved is permitted in hot weather)
- Smart, black, tailored trousers with matching jacket
- Black smart business shoes
- Good personal hygiene
- Visible tattoos & piercings need to be discreet
- NO knitwear
- NO t-shirts
- NO flip flops, trainers or open-toe shoes
Answering The Phone
You should always answer the phone in a professional manner. The correct way to answer the phone is:
“Good morning/afternoon. Debenhams (store), Estee Lauder (client), Amy (your name) speaking, how may I help you?”
The Right Attitude
You should be warm and friendly and polite with a ‘can do’ attitude. You should always show respect to all members of the team, not just the Manager.
Remember that your performance is always being monitored if you do a great job you will be requested back and therefore have more work.
Whether you are working alone or as part of a team, you must stay motivated.
If it’s not busy you should make the most of it and give the counter a clean and a tidy.
When it’s busy, you should be at the front of your counters approaching and stopping customers. Selling is your main priority.
In A Nutshell
- Use your common sense! If you think you shouldn’t do something then don’t!
- Offer great customer service
- Sell and promote the brand
- Take pride in yourself and the opportunity you have been given
- Do your best!
Once you have become part of the Flair Team, you represent not only the Brand you are working for and the Department Store you are working in, but you are also the face of Flair Retail.
We have very high expectations of our Consultants and have procedures in place to ensure you have a successful placement and that the clients are thrilled with the work you have done.
All of the above information can be found in our ‘Flair Consultant Handbook’ that you will have been given by your Area Manager once registered.
If you have any queries at all you should always refer back to the Area Team for guidance.
I love working with Flair as they are not only extremely professional but very friendly too. They always give clear job instructions and have lovely clients to work for.
I have worked with Flair for years and I couldn’t ask for a better employer. Flexible working and good pay. I highly recommend them to anyone.
Copra has worked with Flair for many years and each year their generous support of suppling the ‘Flair Hostesses’ has helped us to raise more funds for our Industry charity ‘Look Good feel Better’. As one of our dedicated sponsors, thank you very much for your continued kindness and commitment to Copra.
Thanks to Flair and their amazing team I have worked with most of the best known and loved beauty brands and gained invaluable experience. I look forward to every day at work and it’s not many who can say that! This is the number 1 agency!
Flair have always been first to offer Copra their help, and have been fully committed in supporting our association, our charity and our events, especially the Copra Ball. It’s very much appreciated.
I have been with Flair for nearly 2 years in London, working on amazing luxury brands. My manager is always helpful, professional and available when I need him. I would recommend this agency to anyone!
As a young start up, we turned to Flair to help us with staffing during the holiday period. They made a wonderful effort to learn about our needs and how to best serve us now and for the future.
Flair have been a massive help – the staff are very knowledgeable, motivated, productive and are a great help to our counter. We would recommend Flair to everyone.
I just want to say a huge thank to Flair for supporting us and giving us such amazing staff to work with. The site was a huge success and we couldn’t have done it without your team! Robert, Natasha and Ben are wonderful to work with. Hope to work with all of them again soon…
The Fragrance Foundation have been delighted to collaborate with Flair on a number of events including the prestigious Fragrance Foundation Awards. Many of their consultants are fragrance experts, having trained with us, ensuring Flair provides the very best talent to its clients.
I’m always impressed with the service levels I receive when working with Flair. Working with an agency that understands retail is especially helpful, their proactive approach delivers results. It’s a two-way partnership.
Flair have provided the best support at Christmas I can
remember having during my time at Harrods!
Christina Mentzis and Sarah Graham (Flair Directors) have gone out of their way to understand our needs as a business, often meeting our team in-store to provide the very best staff based on regional requirements.
Flair gave me a home throughout my time at university and helped me to find my feet in a new city due to its fantastic team. The staff are friendly, helpful, kind and supportive and the lessons learnt working for Flair are lessons I’ll carry with me throughout my further employment. I have to give a special mention to my manager Jillian. Her approachability and humour make working for Flair an enjoyable and fresh experience for anybody wishing to enter the beauty industry, and it is a company I fully recommend for people from all walks of life.
Flair have provided some excellent staff to promote our brand. The professionalism of the whole team to ensure business requirements are met is exceptional.
For anyone considering working for Flair, jump at the opportunity! This role gives candidates the chance to work with exclusive beauty/fragrance brands, offering excellent training and unbeatable incentives.